Sunday, 7 February 2010

The busy period

EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND - NOVEMBER 28: Phil Godman...Image by Getty Images via Daylife

Well what a few days. Thursday 6.30 went to rugby training (as most of you should realise I don't goto Rugby Training to train, I go to talk to people. Then we set a few tables for Saturdays Burns supper. We were getting there. At the end we had 80 people at the burns supper on Saturday (we cant really take more than than).

Friday afternoon I did some shopping and Friday night we finished setting up for Burns Supper. I had already agreed I wasn't heading to Cowal for rugby Saturday. I stated in the poster the club would be open (I wasn't the only person who agreed to that) for all 6 nations games.

Saturday I headed down for 2pm, so I got there just before 2pm. The 1st XV won 50-10 and now face Isle of Arran next Saturday (when only a couple of senior players are in Cardiff for Wales vs Scotland). So they were heading back. I watched the Ireland vs italy game, the 1st 6nations game. It wasn't great but I had predicted Ireland would win and they did. There was only 1 PERSON watching the game with me.

The five oclock club came in at its usual time and so did Jennifer. I had been on bar myself to that point. When the next member of staff Amy came in at 6pm I headed for a shower and get changed. The trip and the telegraph pass which wales did during their game cost them. After I had got changed Catriona got here (after being to Cowal) and we got ready for Burns Supper, everybody says it was a great success. i had scotch broth, haggis neeps and tatties and stake pie, carrots, peas and tatties and I was full after that. There was a large mix of men and women there. I was on the "rugby Boys" tables, which ended being the Rugby boys and girls and Tommy (me) table. In the breaks I helped on the bar (it was only 10 minute breaks, I was drinking cold water all night). The events finished at midnight, it only started just before 7pm, VERY QUICK. Unfortunately my taxi only came at 1.30am. I wasnt walking home, so I was in Cumnock RFC for 12 hours yesterday.

I went to bed fairly quickly but I kept waking up almost every hour. I got up at 11am. I had my coffee and toast and had checked my email and watched euro 2012 draw (SCOTLAND AINT GOING TO QUALIFY, England will) when the phone rang this just after midday, wondering if I could let someone in weight room for 1pm. I was heading down to club for 2pm. I got my gear on including scotland top and headed down. At 2.15/2.30 I started getting busier behind bar again. It was just me today. 3pm the game started. Scotland KEPT on kicking the ball away and France were better than us. There was a point in 2nd half Scotland had a small breakaway from a lineout and "KICKED IT AWAY". A lesson I learned 15 odd years ago is "YOU DONT KICK YOUR POSSESSION AWAY (yes that ex coach was in club today), I told him that after full-time, where I get the Cumnock Bill McLaren line again. Harry and Morton were making and selling pies at lunch time and I had organised a float for Harry and I paid for my pie and told Harry to bring my pie through as I wouldn't get through for it. I only got to eat my pie 10 minutes into 2nd half as I was constantly busy until then (it was only me).

The game finished and only slowly the members started disapearing, but 630 if was quite, the five oclock club and ian and sadie had came in.

I closed the bar at 8pm, and so I had spent another 8 hours today, that meant I had done 20 hours VOLUNTARY WORK over 2 days. Because I havent had any beer and I wasn't cooking tonight I went to the chineese 2 minutes walk from home for chicken chow mein and I enjoyed it.

So anybody beat me for being busy.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]